1.3.16

Bier Markt

58 The Esplanade
http://www.thebiermarkt.com/location/detail/2






Pros: Made mad cash!  The money was amazing.  I've never made this much as a server and I doubt I ever will again.  Christmas was amaaazing!

Cons: You work FOREVER. and ever and ever and ever.  No book offs, no vacation time, Work a split 12-3 then again 4pm - 4am.  I missed weddings, camping trips, birthdays, things I booked off months in advance...

The uniform was a $75 lacoste shirt..  I've heard it's something else now that's apparently a touch sexist and revealing for the ladies.

Tip out was 4.5% pretax total (so decent) but you bus your own tables.

Management was..  variable..  I've met the sweetest people ever, and also some of the most temperamental/borderline verbally abusive ever.
The kitchen was a new level of abusive.  Swearing, name calling, throwing things at servers..
The staff were usually pretty great, but even the best servers start to crack while working 80 hour weeks.

The pit - AKA cocktailing on Fri/Saturday.  You could make a ton, you could get screwed, sometimes you pooled, other times people were kinda greedy.  Separate checks - Bruutal, parties of 30 all up and moving around, demanding separate bills.

Dine and Dash was a little sketchy..  if they can get out of paying it, they will try. If you rang it in, you're paying for it, even if the guest is nowhere to be found after ordering 10 shots.

Overall: If don't mind working until you drop, it's a 9/10, but if work-life balance is what you're after, I would not recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment